Saint John, New Brunswick (Monday, May 10, 2021) – The Organization of Canadian Nuclear Industries (OCNI) is hosting a webinar titled Moltex: Progress and Plans on Monday, May 10 at 11am AT / 10am ET.
WHAT: On March 18, Moltex received $50.5 million from the Government of Canada to advance the company’s molten salt reactor and spent fuel recycling technology in New Brunswick. These funds will be used to conduct important research and development, recruit employees with expertise in key areas, and expand academic, research and supply chain partnerships. This webinar will highlight Moltex’s progress and plans.
- Hon. Mike Holland, Minister of Natural Resources and Energy Development
- Shawn Tupper, Associate Deputy Minister, Natural Resources Canada
- Jim Ward, General Manager, North Shore Mi’kmaq District Council
- Andy Hayward, Director, Advanced Reactor Development
- Rory O’Sullivan, CEO North America, Moltex Energy
- Erin Polka, Director of Communications, Moltex Energy
- Simon Newton, Business Development Director, Moltex Energy
- Andrew Ballard, Project Director, Moltex Energy
- Biyash Bhattacharya, Research and Development Manager, Moltex Energy
- Jose Zuniga, Chemist and Project Manager, Moltex Energy
- Ryan Brown, Graduate Mechanical Engineer, Moltex Energy
WHEN: Monday, May 10 at 11am AT / 10am ET
WHERE: Register for FREE online.
Director of Communications
Moltex is a privately held company striving to solve the world’s most critical challenge: providing sufficient clean, reliable and affordable energy. In collaboration with innovators and energy experts, the company is developing a small modular reactor that will help keep fossil fuels in the ground. Moltex was selected by NB Power and the Government of New Brunswick to progress development of its reactor technology in New Brunswick, Canada, with the aim of deploying its first reactor at the Point Lepreau site by the early 2030s.