Paris, France (Thursday, November 25, 2021) – Moltex Energy Chief Commercial Officer Simon Newton was invited to participate on a panel at the World Nuclear Exhibition (WNE) in Paris, France alongside other nuclear industry leaders to discuss how small and advanced nuclear reactors can help meet energy decarbonization and access to electricity objectives.
The panel is a unique opportunity to hear different stakeholder perspectives on capital investment needs, supply chain challenges, regulatory harmonization, public acceptance, and safety and security requirements.
Moltex will also be exhibiting at the event and encourages attendees to visit stand J62 to meet the company’s executive team, learn more about the technology, and take a walking tour of the future site and reactor building using virtual reality goggles.
About the panel:
WHAT: Panel presentation about small and advanced reactor opportunities and challenges
- Simon Newton, Chief Commercial Officer, Moltex Energy
- Rumina Velshi, President and Chief Executive Officer, CNSC
- Rauli Partanen, Chief Executive Officer, Think Atom Ltd
- Dominique Miniere, Nuclear President, Ontario Power Generation
- Jay Wileman, President & Chief Executive Officer, GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy
- Anton Moskvin, Vice President, Business Development and Marketing, Rosatom
- Renaud Crassous, SMR Nuward Project Director, EDF
WHEN: Thursday, December 2, 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. CET
WHERE: Panel Discussions Room, Paris-Nord Villepinte – Hall 7
Attendance is free and no registration is required. The content can also be viewed via the WNE LIVE & CONNECT platform.
About the Moltex stand:
WHAT: Moltex stand with information about the company’s Stable Salt Reactor – Wasteburner (SSR-W), WAste to Stable Salt (WATSS) recycling process and GridReserve thermal energy storage technology.
- Rory O’Sullivan, Chief Executive Officer, North America
- Simon Newton, Chief Commercial Officer
- Paddy Aling, Chief Financial Officer
- Erin Polka, Director of Communications
- Tuesday, November 30, 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. CET
- Wednesday, December 1, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. CET
- Thursday, December 2, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. CET
WHERE: Stand J62, Paris-Nord Villepinte – Hall 7
The WNE is the world’s largest exhibition dedicated to the civil nuclear sector. In its fourth edition, taking place in Paris-Nord Villepinte from November 30 to December 2, the WNE welcomed 680 exhibitors from 65 countries covering the whole nuclear value chain, including operation, maintenance, new build, fuel cycle and digitalization.
Director of Communications
Moltex is a privately held company striving to solve the world’s most critical challenge: providing sufficient clean, reliable and affordable energy. In collaboration with innovators and energy experts, the company is developing a small modular reactor that will help keep fossil fuels in the ground. Moltex was selected by NB Power and the Government of New Brunswick to progress development of its reactor technology in New Brunswick, Canada, with the goal of deploying its first reactor next to the Point Lepreau Nuclear Generating Station.